Your Multilingual Doula’s Corner
Free Content & Helpful Resources
Your Multilingual Doula's Resource Corner
Looking for a useful information or articles? You’ve come to the right page!
Categories Useful links
Life in Greece for expatriates
Greek maternity system
- La Leche League Greece, www.lllgreece.org
- galoucho | Electronic magazine on breastfeeding issued by La Leche League Greece, www.galoucho-lllgr.org
- Galaxias | Association of International Board Certified Lactation Consultants located in Greece and Cyprus, www.galaxiasibclc.gr
- International Baby Food Action Network of. GREECE – IBFAN Greece, www.ibfan.gr
- Institute of Child Health Β· Department of Social and Developmental Pediatrics, www.epilegothilasmo.gr
- Eftokia, www.eutokia.gr
- Resources on COVID-19 for pregnancy and breastfeeding | La Leche League Greece, https://www.lllgreece.org/enimerotiko-yliko/covid19
- “Mitrikosthilasmos” Portal, www.mitrikosthilasmos.com
- World Health Organization, https://www.who.int/health-topics/breastfeeding#tab=tab_1
- La Leche League International, www.llli.org
- Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine, www.bfmed.org
- American Academy of Pediatrics, www.aap.org
- Australian Breastfeeding Association, www.breastfeeding.asn.au
- Stanford Medicine, www.med.stanford.edu
- The InfantRisk Center (IRC), Tech University Health Sciences Center, School of
- Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Amarillo, Texas, www.infantrisk.com
- e-lactancia (a project of APILAM, Association for Promotion of and cultural and scientific Research into Breastfeeding, under a Creative Commons Internacional License), www.e-lactancia.org
- National Library of Medicine (Database of published research on breastfeeding and on drug compatibility with breastfeeding), www.nlm.nih.gov
- The Newman Breastfeeding Clinic-International Breastfeeding Center (Dr. Jack Newman), www.ibconline.ca
- International Lactation Consultant Association), www.ilca.org
- Kelly Bonyata, IBCLC, https://kellymom.com/
- Nancy Mohrbacher, IBCLC, FILCA, www.nancymohrbacher.com
- Breastfeeding Made Simple, www.breastfeedingmadesimple.com
- Kathleen Kendall-Tackett, IBCLC, Phycologists PhD, FAPA, www.kathleenkendall-tackett.com
- Breastfeeding After Breast and Nipple Surgeries, Diana West, IBCLC, www.bfar.org
- Dr William & Martha Sears, www.askdrsears.com
Useful tips and tricks
Articles & News
I owe so much to the lactation consultant who supported me with breastfeeding my first daughter. My baby and I had a rough start after birth, mostly because of inaccurate information and lack of support. Excruciating nipple pain, poor weight gain, feelings of despair...
Times have changed. Yet, the wisdom of older, experienced women in caring for babies and young mothers remains valuable. In the old days, young mothers were surrounded by seasoned female relatives who could guide them through their first steps in motherhood. That way,...
Do you think that mothers are the most important person in a baby’s life? Well, guess again. Fathers play a huge role too. They can take complete care of their baby, not only change its diaper and bathe it, but also soothe it, talk or sing to it, hold it, take it for...
You're holding your newborn in your arms and breastfeeding it. You cherish the moment. Thoughts and feelings rush through your mind. Nine long months with dreams, hopes, worries, expectations. And now your baby is here…So many different feelings! Pride, relief, joy,...
I am a Greek trained doula, a state certified linguist and, above all, a mother of four. With more than a decade of active involvement in the perinatal setting and more than 18 years professional experience as a linguist, I can help you express and convey your needs as you prepare for birth and postpartum.